During our trip, we will be working in Managua, Nicaragua,
the poorest country in Latin America and the second poorest in the Western
Hemisphere. We will be helping to build a Christian Sports Center in
one of the neighborhoods in Managua.. We will be working side by side
with the locals as we do some construction, play sports and share God’s
love. We are ready to play and work hard and to share God's love to
many youth who have rarely seen His love put into action. We will be
in Nicaragua from July 3- July 11.
Amanda Van Deman, our contact at our partner organization, Christ For
the City, International (CFCI) is the one who has undertaken this amazing
building project. This project is only possible because she dared to
put her faith into action. She has bought the land, started a non profit,
and has had work crews out working on the land. Please continue to pray
for her and her ministry in Managua as it grows and develops. Since
we know that there is no way that we can do this trip on our own strength,
we would appreciate your prayers.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would go ahead of us and soften
the hearts of those who will hear the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that our team can provide the Encouragement, Hope, and
Love that these kids are thirsting for.
- Pray that He would bless us and enlarge our territories.
- Pray that His hand be with us, and keep us from harm so that
we will be free from pain.
- Pray that we put all of our trust in Him.
- Pray that many will come to know the saving grace and hope
of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that we will be able to serve with energy and love.
- Pray for team unity.
- Pray for safety and health during the trip.
- Pray for flexibility to adapt to cultural differences and
- Pray for openness to God's leading and lessons.
- Pray for a servant attitude and willingness to learn.
- Pray for a blessed fellowship with CFCI.
- Pray that an impact will be made that glorifies God.
- Pray that each person on our team develops two new relationships.
In Christ’s service ,
The Nicaragua 2004 Sport’s Team
Sport Center (el Salero)